The idea of the workshop is that in 8 hours of training, participants will set their goals, understand how to teach adults and learn how to be good mentors. During the workshop we will also look at how to start, execute and close a mentoring programme..
- Introduction and workshop goals setting for each of participants
- What is mentoring? Who is a mentor? Types of mentors.
- Who is good mentor: required skills for the good mentor
- Mentor’s motivation: why I’m doing it?
- How adults study. Kolb’s learning cycle.
- Mentoring cycle overview
- Mentoring initiation: how to do it properly?
- Mentoring tools. PDP (Personal Development Plan)
- Education tools.
- Mentoring execution: how to be on track with mentoring plan
- Mentoring closure
- Q&A session
The workshop will help participants to:
- Gain a holistic view of the definition of mentoring, mentoring;
- Learn about approaches to adult learning;
- Understand how the mentoring cycle works;
- Acquire the tools of mentoring and education.
After the training, participants will have a clear understanding of how to:
- Prepare the education program for trainee in any domain (QA, Development, Project Management etc.)
- Formalize the expectations from trainee for each stage of the program
- Plan the meetings and feedback sessions beforehand and provide the feedback on regular base